July 18-23, 2009
July 27-August 1, 2009
ARCO Olympic Training Center
Chula Vista, CA
Download Information & Application Form (PDF)
These USATF High Performance Group sponsored Learn-By-Doing Clinics are specifically designed for high school, club, and college coaches who have coached nationally-ranked, top Junior Athletes, ages 14-19.
If you are serious about enhancing your level of coaching expertise and taking your coaching and your athletes to the elite level, sign up NOW!
SPACE IS LIMITED!
• July 18-23:
All Field Events, Mulit-Events, Horizontal/Vertical Jumps &Throws
• July 27-August 1:
Sprints, Hurdles, Relays, and Endurance Events
**These courses are part of the USATF Coaching Education Level I, II and III Program and involve intensive study and application. Science and technically based, they will be taught by some of USA Track & Field’s top clinicians.
USATF and the USOC Will Pay For All Costs Except Travel !
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Mike Holman: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emerging Elite coaches will be selected to attend and participate in these Coaches Camps, generally 10 per event.
• Coaches are responsible for their travel expenses. USATF/USOC will provide transportation to and from the San Diego Airport along with housing and meals.
• USATF Men’s & Women’s Development Committees, High Performance Committee, and Coaches Education Committee will provide world-class to serve as Camp Clinicians.
PARTICIPATING COACHES WILL:
• Attend and observe all classroom and field sessions in their respective event(s).
• Take part in interactive coaches “Rap Sessions.”
• Receive written handouts and complete a follow-up evaluation.
• Have the opportunity to engage in informal discussions before, after, and between camp sessions with the instructor staff and other participating coaches.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Coaches will be selected based on their record of developing athletes in their respective event area(s) of expertise to the State and National levels, and their projected potential to develop future Olympic medalists. These camps are designed to enhance the expertise of current elite-level high school, club, and college coaches with the goal of them joining our nation’s finest developers of Olympic World Championship medalists in their respective events.
Selection will be based on nominations from USATF Development Committee Event Coordinators, USATF Coaches Education representatives, the National H.S. Senate members, and by application.