- 2011 Road Running Grand Prix Series The Road Running Committee is working on the 2011 schedule! We want your input! Let us know what races you would like to run! Or send us an email! Your voice makes a difference!
- 2010 SCA Road Running Championships! Age-graded scores are available for the Dana Point Turkey Trot runners! The final 2010 scores will be available soon!
- USATF Level 1 Coaching Clinic in Lake Forest, CA.Coach Dixon of the Tachyon Track Club is hosting a USATF Level One coaching clinic in February 19-20, 2011. Level 1 schools are a two-day course where 21 hours are spent on track & field and related sport science. More information available here.
The Road Running Grand Prix has more than doubled in size in 2010! From 160 runners last year to more than 375! The Road Running Committee is busier than ever, and now it is YOUR TURN to set the direction for the 2011 schedule! Email your suggestions for races to the LDR chair Wayne Joness, or use a convenient online Google poll to let us know what races you want to run! Our first goal is to make an exciting series that motivates our member atheletes to keep running, training, and competiting in some of the best road races in the United States!
There will be an informal meeting of the Road Running Committee on Tuesday, December 7, at 8 pm, after a track workout in Santa Monica. Contact the LDR chair Wayne Joness for more details, and join in the fun!
Want to do more?
- The Masters LDR Chair Sissel Berntsen-Heber has returned to the Pacific Association, and the Masters Long Distance Running chair post needs to be filled! Committee elections will be held on January 8, 2011, at the Downey Senior Center. Contact the Southern California Association to learn how to become a valuable member of the Road Running Committee!
- Road Running Grand Prix Scoring The Road Running committee needs a help with scoring our growing Grand Prix series. The basic scoring is done with Microsoft Excel. If you are an Excel wizard and would like to help with the scoring, let us know!
Congratualtions to all the USATF runners who participated in the 2010 Dana Point Turkey Trot 10K! Top finishers include:
- Tonny Okello: 29:43 Men’s Open
- Barbara Parker: 34:10 Women’s Open
- Christian Cushing-Murray: 30:59 Men’s Masters
- Kirsten Leetch: 35:50 Womens Master’s
Chair, Southern California USATF Open Athletics LDR