- 02/06/11: SCA 5K Championships & Grand Prix - Redondo Beach Super Bowl 5K
- 02/27/11: SCA Grand Prix - Brea 8K Classic
- 03/20/11: SCA Marathon Championships & Grand Prix - Los Angeles Marathon
- 05/29/11: SCA Grand Prix - Brentwood 5K
- 07/04/11: SCA Grand Prix - Semana Nautica 15K
- 08/28/11: SCA One Mile Championships & Grand Prix - USATF Road Mile Championships
- 09/11/11: SCA Grand Prix - Santa Monica 10000
- 10/09/11: SCA Half Marathon Championships & Grand Prix - Long Beach Half Marathon
- 11/24/11: SCA 10K Championships & Grand Prix - Dana Point Turkey Trot 10K
2) 02-27 Brea 8K Classic: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of this amazing 8 km! Bigger, better, with a new post-race feast for runners! This race sold-out last year with 3000 runners, so entry has been expanded, and for the first time ever, this race will feature chip timing! This race is a Grand Prix Scoring race, and USATF members receive a $5 discount.
3) 03-20 LA Marathon: Register now for this 26.2 mile tour of the greatest landmarks in Los Angeles! This is the 2011 Southern California Association Marathon Championship race. The course has been revised to include Little Tokyo and Chinatown! And USATF will have an official stop on the marathon course, at mile 23, the intersection of San Vicente and 26th street! Look for the USATF canopy at the 76 Service Station, there will be music, food and more! Thanks to owner John Fawcett for his generosity and making this event possible!
4) 05-29 Brentwood 5K: This popular race is one of the oldest 5km races in the Southern California area, a looped course along the coral trees of scenic San Vicente Blvd. The course is fairly flat and considered a fast course for a good PR. This race is a Grand Prix Scoring race, and USATF members receive a $5 discount.
5) 07-04 Semana Nautica 15K: Start your Fourth of July celebration off in beautiful Goleta, California, with the stunning Semana Nautica 15K! Challenge yourself to this unique distance, a combination of 5 km and 10 km in one race! As the 5th race in the 9-race 2011 Road Running Grand Prix, the Semana Nautica 15K marks the midpoint in the Series. This race is a Grand Prix Scoring race, and USATF members receive a $5 discount.
Renew Your Membership for 2011 Today!
To be eligible to participate in the 2011 Road Running Grand Prix you must be a current member of USATF Track & Field. Annual membership is only $30. USATF is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization, and your membership is tax-deductible, plus the 2011 Road Running Grand Prix includes $30 in race discounts, including a $10 discount to the 2011 Road Mile Championships!
Need your check your 2011 USATF membership? You can get your 2011 member number online at USATF!
Need to Join USATF? You can join USATF for $30 today!
2011 USATF Southern California Road Racing Grand Prix Information
The Grand Prix provides a total of $2,000 in cash awards and championship medals to the top-5 overall men's and women's individual scorers. Gold, silver, and bronze USATF medals will also be awarded to the top-3 scorers in 26 men's and women's 5-year age-groups. Championship plaques will be awarded to the top-5 scoring clubs. As with individual runners, clubs must also field teams for a minimum of five races.
The Youth division of the Grand Prix requires runners under age 19 to compete in 3 races to be eligible for end-of-year awards. Youth winners will be presented official USA Track & Field Association Championship medals, awarded five deep, gold, silver, bronze 3rd, bronze 4th, and bronze 5th. No cash prizes are awarded to youth runners. As with individual runners, youth clubs must also field teams for a minimum of three races.
For more information on the 2011 Southern California Association USATF Road Running Grand Prix Series and to see the current Grand Prix rankings, please visit: http://www.scagrandprix.org/
See you at the starting line!
Chair, Southern California USATF Open Athletics LDR