I will be conducting a race walk clinic on Saturday, April 9th 2011 at: Monterey Vista School, 901 E. Graves Ave., Monterey Park 91755. The clinic will begin approximately at 9:00 A.M. until 10:30 A.M. Those who plan on attending need just to give an estimate on how many athletes you will bring. You may do so by E-Mailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling me at: 626-643-2952. There is NO COST for this clinic. All athletes and coaches arriving before 9:00 A.M. will receive a free NIKE DRI FIT shirt.
- A very helpful film on How to Walk like a Champion.
- All athletes will be given pencils and notebooks to write down all key techniques.
- All athletes will be given visuals to take home emphasizing the seven techniques that will build speed and efficiency.
- Athletes afterwards will work with peer age race walkers to evaluate and if necessary correct technique. Beginners should feel comfortable at this clinic. Intermediate and advanced walkers should equally enjoy a comfortable atmosphere.
- Athletes will be given a general work-out plan to take with them to help improve their race walking each week.
- NOTE: Because race walking requires complete focus we asked that all race walkers come prepared and ready to learn. All athletes will be given an opportunity to meet and ask questions to those athletes who have competed and placed at the National Level. We want all of our athletes to experience national success.
USATF Youth Race Walking Chair